10. EXPERIENCE – Decades devoted to dog care! We’ve been welcoming other people’s cherished companions into our home for more than a quarter century, always lavishing the same quality of care and depth of affection our own dogs receive. We have extensive backgrounds working with veterinarians and other dog care professionals.
9. PERSONAL DOGGIE DATA – Under the kennel prefix Elysian Fields we have been breeding and exhibiting Best in Show winning Salukis since the ‘60’s. Janet is an AKC licensed dog show judge, a writer and illustrator contributing to national and international dog publications, board member of the Saluki Club of America and chair of the association’s public education program.
8. ALL IN THE FAMILY – Each Camp Canine boarder benefits from our “Mom & Pop” bonding, playtime and lap space since we are the only ones with access to the dogs. We have no employees or volunteers – safety and security is our highest priority. Our adult son Kyle, who was raised by the dogs (his nickname is Romulus), can sometimes be found beneath a pile of furry friends on a couch or chair.
7. AROUND THE CLOCK CARE – We are with your dogs 24 hours a day; they are never left alone.
6. WE ARE SELECTIVE - Not all dogs or breeds fit the Camp Canine lifestyle. Only those who like other dogs and people are welcome. We encourage pre-boarding interviews to make sure all our campers are Happy Campers!
5. BUT ALL INCLUSIVE – No expensive add-ons here. No extra changes for exercise and play groups (that’s full time). ‘massage therapy’ (good old fashioned hugs, rubdowns and ear scratching are on the house), or periods of one-on-one time (we call that attention, and everybody gets plenty).
4. SOCIALIZATION – Being with others who share your interests is rejuvenating and horizon-broadening, for canines as well as humans. We offer daycare, short term and long term boarding to match whatever adventures you have planned. Expect your puppy to be pooped when you return – which works out well, since humans usually have to recuperate from vacation, too!!
3. DOGS WILL BE DOGS – Every boarder adores his or her owner; each thrives on being a child with fur. But under it all beats the heart of a dog who loves being a dog among dogs, too. No human interaction can fill that special need to hang out and do dog stuff!!!!
2. WE LOVE YOUR DOG ALMOST AS MUCH AS YOU DO.
1. YOUR PEACE OF MIND – We love hearing, “I didn’t worry at all!”